Saturday, December 28, 2013

30 Days: Worse For the Wear

30 days in.  No weight loss.  More weight gain.  Why?

Here's the answer
  • cookies (gluten free doesn't make them calorie free)
  • eggnog (can't handle diary well, but doesn't stop me from imbibing.  Mmmmmhhhhh, noggy goodness)
  • depression 
  • butternut squash mac and cheese (Swiss instead of cheddar makes its betta)
  • anxieties 
  • scones (they're not really that good, but does it stop me.  No!)
  • little sleep (Because nothing says Christmas like 3 5' snowmen on a 2 ft lawn, just outside my bedroom window)
  • rock through the car windshield which cancelled Christmas plans
I'm not the person I want to be.  I want to be so much more.  And right now my head is spinning with all the things I want to do, like map out my novel, clean my room, do some yoga, visit the library, and yet I want to curl up in bed and sleep for three days.

Maybe a good night's sleep and a cry would help.  Maybe I should sleep on the couch tonight, which is dark and tomb-like.  Maybe I'll feel better in the morning.