I put myself back into therapy last month because I am trying desperately to work out the last kinks in my head. I've decided that after six years on the bench I'm ready to seek out a relationship, but before I do that I know I've got a few more things to work out.
I don't want to write about this. But I need to write this out.
This is the constant chatter in my brain:
I don't want to write about this. But I need to write this out.
- You really don't have friends. These people tolerate you out of pity.
- No one approves of your decisions and all are waiting for you to admit defeat.
- Your child is going to grow up broken because you are broken.
- You don't have any talent.
- You're not bi-polar. You are making it up. You just need to work harder and stop being lazy.
- Why do you think that person would ever want to have a cup of coffee with you? They're accomplished/written a book/not two paychecks away from homelessness/done something important. Do you know just how dumb your daydreams are?
- No one really loves you because you disappoint them and don't do what they tell you to do.