Monday, December 13, 2010

Baby It's Cold Outside

I've been so busy with this seasonal job that I haven't had the energy to write much. So much so I missed a deadline for one of my Yahoo! freelance pieces, which was really annoying, but helped me prepare for the next assignment. I'm usually in the warehouse making boxes or packing fruit from 8-6, six days a week. The packing house hasn't been warmer than 42 degrees most days, but I am still so grateful for the work. Besides, the pickers in the groves have it much harder. We're working with a sense of urgency because we are in danger of a sever freeze. If it drops to 22 like it's been forecasted, the fruit will die and that will be the second year running the the season has been closed after 2 months rather than the full six months. My hope is that the Lord and Mother Nature will spare us. If not, there will be another sixty people applying for unemployment.