Tuesday, November 9, 2010

De profundis clamavi ad te, Domine--Out of the depths I cry to thee, O Lord

I've been rather put out the last few days and not very interested in writing.  The threat of another head cold, coupled with the rapidly dwindling money supply, along with another thwarted job attempt has left me severely out of sorts.  I struggle with the decisions that I may have to make.  If I can't afford my rent, where do I go?  Any family I have do not possess the room to handle two more people and I don't have any acquaintances in this area to lend me space. 

I detest feeling sorry for myself and giving up, so today rather than playing the lottery in hopes that blind luck will win me the jackpot of 123 million (and counting), I've picked up several writing assignments from the virtual desk of Associated Content.  I've submitted three today, and snatched up a fourth assignment, noticing that the deadline was under 24 hours, but not caring because at 4PM, I rationalized that I had until 3PM the next day.  And then tonight at 8:30, just as I was planning on calling it a night and popping in The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo  (Note: DO NOT watch this movie/read the book if you are not prepared to deal with violence towards women/children.  This series written by the late Stieg Larsson serve as a research tool for a novel that I am working on.)

As I prepared to log out of my account, I decided to double check the time stamp for the deadline of the fourth assignment. 

Ummmm, that would be midnight.

Tonight.

Two hours from now. 

Crap.