To the men and women who serve and have served, I thank you.
It is because of your sacrifice that I can
- practice freedom of religion
- speak freely to a man that is not my immediate relative without fear of death
- voice my opinion on politics
- go shopping without having to be searched for explosives
- reach millions of people across the globe with a click of the mouse
- pursue my dreams
- raise my son
And for you men and women serving overseas, next time I complain about not sleeping well, I'll try to remember that I sleep in a soft bed, in a temperature controlled climate, not worrying about artillery fire.
With many prayers for your safety,
The Diatribist and the Kiddo