Thursday, November 11, 2010

If You Speak English, Thank a Veteran


To the men and women who serve and have served, I thank you. 

It is because of your sacrifice that I can
  • practice freedom of religion
  • speak freely to a man that is not my immediate relative without fear of death
  • voice my opinion on politics
  • go shopping without having to be searched for explosives
  • reach millions of people across the globe with a click of the mouse
  • pursue my dreams
  • raise my son
I'm sure you don't hear these words enough, but thank you for fighting to defend the liberties that I can so easily take for granted.

And for you men and women serving overseas, next time I complain about not sleeping well, I'll try to remember that I sleep in a soft bed, in a temperature controlled climate, not worrying about artillery fire.

With many prayers for your safety,
The Diatribist and the Kiddo