Friday, April 1, 2011

Laughter Isn't Always the Best Medicine in the Kiddo's Case

This week has been a bit of a down for me. 


 I've been struggling with writer's block, bad moods due to massive amounts of rain, and two bouts of food sickness (word to the wise: if you are eating out, never eat a salad!  Restaurant Salads = E.Coli!).

But on the up side, I made a UK DJ laugh, my honesty and openness made 2 authors cry, and I got caught in a violent rainstorm while out on a walk with the Kiddo.  I wish I could have had a camera to record that moment.

As I child I grew up playing in the rain.  If there was a rain storm and no lightning, I would be outside swimming in the neighbor's pool , bouncing on a trampoline, or walking in the gutter pretending I was Laura Ingalls Wilder playing in the creek.  When I went off to college, my love of the rain didn't abate and that hasn't changed since I hit 30. 

So yesterday when the Kiddo and I were walking back from the Post Office and the rain started to pelt down and I mean REALLY nail you in the head hard, I started to laugh.  The Kiddo, on the other hand, freaked out.  He was a good two house-lengths ahead on his bike and froze in place.  By the time we got to the house, we were SOAKED!  Me still laughing, him quite hysterical. 

When I got him inside and into dry clothes, he looked at me with his great big eyes and said, "I'm not having a really good day."